Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Quinoa with White Onion and Tomato

Don't get too excited - this recipe isn't great. I just feel I should be honest with you, and share my failures along with my successes. I don't want you to get the wrong idea about me - I'm not some magical fairy who does everything right. I post a lot of cute pictures and fun ideas, but I mess things up a lot. This is one of those times.

This dinner wasn't a disaster, but it wasn't good, either. I adapted it from this smitten kitchen recipe. I'd been so excited to try it out (she gives it a glowing review), but I have a box of quinoa that's never been opened, and I figured I'd use that instead of the recommended farro. I also used a large tomato instead of a bunch of cherry ones, dried basil instead of fresh, powdered garlic instead of fresh, and no cheese. Given all that, I really shouldn't be surprised that it was so bland.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


I made substitutions the last time I made a smitten kitchen dish, and that one was pretty flavorless, too. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now.

If you make this meal the right way, will you tell me how it turns out?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.