Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Incredibly Easy Chicken Chili

I like cooking - you know this. You also know (because I've told you) that when I get busy, I just can't find the time to do it. Well no matter how busy I get, there's always time to make a batch of this chili. It makes about 8 hefty servings, which means I can nosh on it for nearly a week before I need to revisit my stove, and that's a major blessing in my life.

Chicken Chili

Here's all you need to make it:

  • 2 cups chicken broth (or 4 cups water and 1 chicken boullion cube)
  • 4 cups canned chicken (I use 2 of the big ol' cans)
  • 2 cans Great Northern beans, rinsed
  • 1 can corn, rinsed
  • 2 cups salsa (basically 1 jar of the stuff)
  • 1 to 2 giant handfuls of kale (depends on how big your hands are)
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • Dash of red pepper flakes
  • Couple squeezes of lime juice
  • Cheese/sour cream/greek yogurt (optional)
Once you have all that stuff, you put it in a pot and boil it, then let it simmer for like, I dunno, 30 minutes? However long you want. Let the liquid reduce down until you get the consistency you want.

Chicken Chili

Then put it in a bowl, garnish wish cheese or sour cream (or greek yogurt, if you want to try to be a little healthier), and go to town.

Super Simple Chicken Chili

Want to mix it up a bit? Use salsa verde instead of the red stuff - BAM, now it's white chicken chili! Don't eat gluten? NEITHER DO IT! Kroger's plain canned vegetables, canned meats, sour creams, shredded cheeses and salsas are all gluten-free. And here's a handy list of gluten-free chicken broths,

Easy meals are my favorite thing on this earth, and this is one of the absolute easiest and most-filling. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.