Here's all you need to make it:
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 4 cups water and 1 chicken boullion cube)
- 4 cups canned chicken (I use 2 of the big ol' cans)
- 2 cans Great Northern beans, rinsed
- 1 can corn, rinsed
- 2 cups salsa (basically 1 jar of the stuff)
- 1 to 2 giant handfuls of kale (depends on how big your hands are)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Couple squeezes of lime juice
- Cheese/sour cream/greek yogurt (optional)
Once you have all that stuff, you put it in a pot and boil it, then let it simmer for like, I dunno, 30 minutes? However long you want. Let the liquid reduce down until you get the consistency you want.
Then put it in a bowl, garnish wish cheese or sour cream (or greek yogurt, if you want to try to be a little healthier), and go to town.
Want to mix it up a bit? Use salsa verde instead of the red stuff - BAM, now it's white chicken chili! Don't eat gluten? NEITHER DO IT! Kroger's plain canned vegetables, canned meats, sour creams, shredded cheeses and salsas are all gluten-free. And here's a handy list of gluten-free chicken broths,
Easy meals are my favorite thing on this earth, and this is one of the absolute easiest and most-filling. Enjoy.