Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Grown-up Lunchable

When I was a kid, my mom would only buy the Lunchables that came with turkey or ham, crackers, and cheese. I thought they were extremely monotonous - especially because kids were ALWAYS bringing Pizza Lunchables to school. I was so jealous. They had their delicious, self-assembled gourmet meals, and all I had were some tiny cold-cuts. Sometimes, I'd get a kid to trade with me, and it was thrilling. I loved those strange, chilly little pizzas.

When I got to college and started shopping for myself, I'd occasionally buy a pizza Lunchable set just to prove I could. HA, MOM! I make my own food choices now!

But I'm 25, and it's time to start making healthy(ish) swaps wherever I can. No more high fructose corn syrup for me - it's time to pack my own easy meals.

The grown-up Lunchable is very simple. All you need is:

  • A method of transportation

Grown-up Lunchable

  • A pita pocket

Grown-up Lunchable

  • A quarter cup of your favorite red sauce and a quarter cup of cheese mixed with some oregano, basil, and garlic powder

Grown-up Lunchable

Grown-up Lunchable

Assemble your ingredients on a paper plate, and nuke it for 30 seconds. Count to 15, then nuke it another 30 seconds. Enjoy!

If you want to be really authentic, you could eat it cold - but that sounds disgusting. Just like actual pizza Lunchables are. 


1 comment:

  1. If you have a toaster oven wherever you're eating lunch, the frozen garlic naan from Trader Joe's makes the BEST pizza crust!!

    ReplyDelete

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.