Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Brussel Sprouts with Bacon REDUX

I've made brussel sprouts with bacon before, but they weren't like this. I'd like you to forget that last post even happened, because this version is way better. One of my readers (hey Becky!) sent it my way, and I am now forever in her debt. 

Girl's Night

Brussel sprouts are good; so is bacon, and bacon fat. But when you add caramelized onions and balsamic glaze, this side dish goes from "yummy" to "OHHOLYMOTHER, GET IN MY MOUTH!" I have to admit, I didn't follow the instructions to the letter; I didn't remove the onions and bacon - instead, I sauteed everything together on low for about 45 minutes. By the time we were ready to eat, the onions and bacon were black. I was worried they were over cooked - I needn't have been.

Girl's Night

Pair this dish like I did - with some red wine, a pita pizza, and a good friend. You won't be sorry.

Girl's Night


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.