Friday, July 12, 2013

Fashionable Friday: Flower Child

I'm wearing my new jeans in honor of my tribe of flower children. Nothing like reducing a social protest movement to a simple fashion statement, eh?

Flowered jeans 

Flowered jeans

Along those lines, I made the bracelet in the summer of '08 at a store called Yucandu (think Color Me Mine, but not just for pottery). It's decoupaged with pictures of the Kent State Massacre, and Vietnam protesters standing in the Reflecting Pool in Washington. I wear it as a reminder to care, deeply, about the world around me. 

Flowered jeans
shirt: Marshall's /  jeans: Thrifted (Free People) /  sandals: Target /  earrings: Forever 21
bracelet: DIY
Flowered jeans
Attack of the five-foot hippie!

1 comment:

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.