Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: The Best (and Worst) of Pants

You probably noticed that I love to buy dresses. It's the easiest form of shopping – one garment, no fuss. I also tend to buy a lot of blouses and tops (generally bright colored, increasingly sheer). But like so many other women, I hate shopping for pants. I never know which size to look at, because construction varies so widely from brand to brand. So when I decided to try on some pants at Goodwill, I felt I was being very brave.

Pants
I am so courageous. 


Pants
I swear to God, these were taffeta.


Pants
These leather pants from the Gap don't look half bad...


Pants
But they were the stiffest thing I've ever had on my body (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!)


Pants
The tragedy of a small waistband.


But I also found some really great stuff. Take these flowered jeans by Free People. They're the perfect height for me to wear during the summer – they hit just above the ankle straps on my favorite sandals. They'll also work great in the fall with boots.

Pants
Love getting Free People for three bucks.


I also found this great pair of burgundy corduroys. They're very soft and (if I do say so myself) they make my butt look fantastic.

Pants
Just singing along to some James Brown.


Pants
Gratuitous Picture of my Bottom.


But my absolute favorite find (and the one I was most nervous about) are these high-waisted shorts from Old Navy.

Pants
I smell another pin-up shoot!


When I was a kid, all of my clothes were Old Navy – I was a walking catalog. But by the time I got to college, I'd stopped shopping there altogether. I think the last time I went near one was to find a pair of jeans, and that didn't end so well. Still, I've always loved their denim, and these shorts are the best of my old and new style philosophies; they're comfortable as all get out, and they have a vintage flair that I can't resist.

Pants
Yet another Gratuitous Picture of my Bottom.


Normally, I'm a little allergic to shorts. They scare me, in away. Or rather, my bright white thighs scare me. But when it comes to my insecurities, I like to confront them head on and then ignore them. I like the shorts, so I'll wear them. And if anyone has a problem with my bright white thighs, they shove it up their shorts.

Pants
Theirs won't be as cute as mine, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.