Friday, March 15, 2013

Fashionable Friday: Let's Go To THE MALL

First of all, if you don't know the song I referenced in the title, then our friendship is over. Unless you watch the first two seasons of How I Met Your Mother in the next 24 hours.

Or, you know, the following video.



Now let's talk about my trip to the mall with everyone's favorite Roomie, Mandi!

My number one destination was, of course, Sephora. Guys, the Jasmine line finally came out! It's real! It wasn't just a fever dream! Jasmine has always been my favorite princess, but it seems to me that she always gets the shaft; Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, and Belle are the go-tos, and our poor desert flower usually only shows-up when at least six princesses are invited to the party. Not in my house, and not in these hallowed black-and-white halls. I'm really impressed with the collection - they really did my gal proud.

I had a tough time deciding how to spend my Christmas money. Luckily, my favorite Roomie was there to offer her advice. It came down to the compact, the large eyeshadow palette, and the body shimmer.


Beautiful compact to reflect a beautiful Galen?

Gorgeous packaging hiding pretty colors?

Or GLITTER???
I'm a child of the 90s (and a teen of the 00s), so I am particularly susceptible to body glitter. But this stuff took me completely by surprise. Don't let the bottle fool you - there is zero liquid in there. It is pure, dry iridescence.


Unfortunately, Very Excellent Boyfriend hates glitter. So to ensure domestic tranquility, I chose the palette. Right now, it is perched on our bookshelf, bringing a touch of Disney whimsy to the bedroom.

It'll keep the Community whimsy company

I'm sure you already noticed the magic lamp decorating her décolletege (scandalous!), but did you notice Rajah by her feet? Or the Genie? Or what I can only assume is Jafar in snake form?


That's not all I got at Sephora, but I won't bore you with the details. At least, not right now - maybe another time. I'll give you a hint, though: the color emerald is involved.

After my makeup splurge, I didn't intend to spend more money. But Mandi and I stepped into Forever 21, and I momentarily lost control of myself. How could I not?


Y'all, I've only had one run-in with a leather skirt, and it wasn't a very positive experience. But this one and I were fast friends. This is my Dominatrix Catholic Schoolgirl look - let's see if it sticks. 

That's it for this week, folks! March is hitting its stride, and spring is finally rolling into town. Let's all wear our pajamas inside-out tonight and pray for a 70-degree weekend. I'll see you when the flowers are in bloom (and the pollen is a-fallin').

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.