Monday, February 18, 2013

Make-it-Monday: Blue Skies, Blue Heart

I'm a little down, everyone. Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson closed yesterday, and I've got the post-show blues. Six weeks is a long time to run a musical, and it's wormed its way into my life in a significant manner. I'm going to miss the cast, the crew, the set, our themed mic checks, the goodies always waiting in the kitchen, and smearing blood all over a friend's arm every night. Rachel Jackson is quite a lady to inhabit - I'm gonna miss her most of all.

Rehearsal moment.

The Jacksons, incognito.

Merry Effing Christmas from the Jacksons
(Photo credit: BreeAnne Clowdus)

Hashtag, TheAmericanDream.
(Photo credit: BreeAnne Clowdus)

Final preview, a chemical explosion forced us out of the building.
The show still started on time.

Final notes session.

Sexy tour guide.

Sexy Andrew Jackson.

If illness is not metaphor, then why do I feel sick when I look at you?
(Photo credit: BreeAnne Clowdus)

"I choose you." / "Thank you."
(Photo credit: BreeAnne Clowdus)

Don't fret - I'll be back to normal in a few days. I'm running a children's show, after all. Being Anne Frank will lift my spirits.

Courtesy of Caleigh. 

I promised I'd show you all the Valentine's Day present I made for Dan - but I forgot to take pictures before I left the house. Oops. Instead, I'll show you the infographic that inspired the project:

Click pic to see the full post on P.S. - I made this...

I was smitten with this idea from the moment I saw it - such a simple, personal gift to give my Very Excellent Boyfriend! I bought a lovely frame from TJ Maxx, kissed away, and now it sits on his bedside table. I'll share a picture of the finished product when I get home.

It was a frugal Valentine's for Very Excellent and I. I'm very low on discretionary income, and he's too polite to shame me with expensive gifts when I can't respond in kind (how sweet). But I can't say I minded. There's something special about a low-key V-Day. I don't need him to spend money on me - I just want to spend some time together. He made that happen with a surprise oyster dinner at home, and a few episodes of Friday Night Lights.

Favorite!

No V-Day is complete without candy.

Gracie Bell!

The baby's eyes in that screencap are making me feel a lot better. Maybe I need to spend some time watching baby videos on YouTube - that'll chase the last of my melancholy away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.