Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Whatever Wednesday: I Have a Cold (or allergies, or something)

Over the past week, I feel like I've jumped from ailment to ailment; blisters, hoarse voice, sore throat, to congestion. My immune system is going haywire, which is ridiculous because I've been doing nothing at all for weeks. Now, just as I'm starting rehearsals for two different projects, I'm bogged-down with a stuffy nose and post-nasal drip. All I want to do is sleep, take steamy showers, and drink hot beverages.

Since Saturday, I've finished each day with a hot toddy.


It's the perfect nightcap when my head pounds and my voice won't behave. Last night, I even dressed-up for it.


Why not put on a floppy hat and pretend I'm feeling fine? 

I've been at rehearsal since noon, but mentally I'm snuggled-up in bed with a hot mug of tea, a book, and some Vicks Vapo Rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.