Friday, January 25, 2013

Fashionable Friday: Kris Kross

This sweater has been a closet staple since my freshman year of college. That's six years, for those playing at home. And if I may say so, that's really impressive for a Mossimo sweater from Target. 



Isn't it sweet? I usually don't go for the gamine look, since I'm not an actual piece of straw, but I was feeling a little spunky, so I decided to play Audrey Hepburn for the night. Black top, black skinny jeans, and black ballet flats. 

I have a secret, though: 


I'm wearing the sweater backwards

Guys, this is about as rebellious as I get. Is that sad, or what? No motorcycles or tattoos for me - just wearing things the wrong way.

But then again, is there a wrong way? It's just fabric - why should it be restricted by the label, or the original intention? A few years ago, I saw this post on What I Wore, and it blew my mind. That skirt she's wearing? It's a dress! It's magic - suddenly, one garment becomes two! It's like giving your closet a power-up. 

Maybe next week I'll wear a dress as a skirt! 

Or pants as a hat! 

Or a hat as pants!

When you look beyond an item's intended use, you can unlock hidden potential within your wardrobe. Suddenly, you gain a new set of resources - without spending a penny. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to turn my shoes into earmuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've set-up word verification to avoid spam comments. All comments will be posted once they are verified.