"Fromage fort" means "strong cheese" in French, and that's basically all that's in this spread. Just various cheeses, some wine, and a smidge of butter.
- Open your fridge.
- Grab all the extra cheese you see. Bits of brie? Slices of Havarti? Or maybe muenster? Shredded Parmesan cheese? All of it.
- Put it in a blender with about 1/3 cup of dry white wine. If you have a lot of hard cheeses, add a little butter to soften it up a bit.
- Spread that stuff on crackers and devour it!
- It'll keep in the fridge for up to a week, and the flavors will blend more each day.
- Make it constantly. Your roommates will thank you.
I cannot think of anything that would be more welcome at a party. It's decadent and delicious, and tastes like something a grown-up makes. Luckily, it's also the simplest recipe in the known universe, so you can whip-up a batch on short notice.